There are many issues faced by the jailbreak community, and one such issue is the ability to restore their devices. There are many ways to restore a jailbroken device but what about the jailbreak status. Most of the guides won’t preserve the jailbreak status. Moreover, it will take a lot of time for the new jailbreak to arrive and when users decided to restore they will need to update to latest iOS firmware in most of the cases.
What if you can restore iOS 10.2 without losing Jailbreak status? Yes, you heard it right. You can perform semi restore on your iPhone or iPad itself without the need of a computer. SemiRestore10 Lite is a tool similar to Cydia Eraser, but it won’t remove the jailbreak from the device.
What is SemiRestore10 Lite?
SemiRestore10 Lite is a package developed by a Twitter user “CoolStar.” The package was recently updated to work on iOS 10.2 devices as well. If you ever used Cydia Eraser, then you will know that it will restore the iPhone/iPad to the factory settings and also removed the Jailbreak status.
It is hard to re-jailbreak the device everytime you restore and to solve the issue “SemiRestore10 Lite” is developed. SemiRestore10 Lite helps you to restore your iPhone/iPad to almost stock iOS 10.2 preserving the jailbreak status, and you can enjoy all your favorite jailbreak tweaks even after performing a semi-restore.
You can use SemiRestore10 Lite if you are facing any weird issues or noticed any lagging issues. If you have a ton of Cydia tweak installed on your device and don’t want to remove them manually, then SemiRestore10 Lite is your choice. It will remove all the Cydia tweaks and their respective packages from the device.
You will be getting a near stock experience with jailbreak intact. Although you won’t lose any personal data on your device and It will only remove the tweaks to bring the near stock iOS 10.2 version. So let’s dive into our guide on “How to Restore iOS 10.2 without losing Jailbreak.”
How to Restore iOS 10.2 without losing Jailbreak Using SemiRestore10 Lite
We had mentioned earlier that you wouldn’t wouldn’t need a computer to restore iOS 10.2 without losing jailbreak. Everything will be done on the iPhone/iPad itself. Make sure that you follow each and every step carefully. So let’s restore iOS 10.2 without losing Jailbreak.There are a few Cydia tweaks which need to be installed on your device before proceeding further.
- Any Filemanager (Filza in our case).
- SemiRestore10 lite package, Download it from here.
That’s it; now you are ready to restore your iOS 10 firmware without losing jailbreak or Cydia. So let’s get into the process.
Procedure to Restore iOS 10.2 without losing Jailbreak Using SemiRestore10 Lite
- Open the SemiRestore10 Lite web page by clicking here. Make sure you open the page in Safari browser only.
- Now you will see the option “Open in Filza.“
- You will be taken to the file manager and next click on “Edit” located at the top right corner.
- Select “SemiRestore10-Lite” and click on “move.”
- Now click back which is located at the top left corner three times.
- Now your folder location will be “/” which means you are in the root directory.
- Search for “usr” folder and click on it.
- Open /bin and paste the file.
- Click on “i” which is located beside the “Semiretore10-lite“.
- You will get a page with several options, Scroll down a bit for “Access & Permissions >> Sticky.“
- Change the mask from “0644” to “0755” and save it.
- Hit the home button and open terminal.
Terminal Commands to Restore iOS 10.2 without losing Jailbreak Using SemiRestore10 Lite
Now you need to type in a bunch of commands to restore iOS 10.2 on your device. Previously we moved the file to the usr and changed the permissions so that we can access it using the terminal. So let’s restore iOS 10.2 without losing jailbreak.
- In the terminal type in “Su” and Hit Enter.
- You will be asked for the password. In case if you haven’t changed then the default password will be “ALPINE.”
- The path will look like “/var/mobile root.“
- Next type in “SemiRestore10-Lite” (Case Sensitive) and hit return.
Video Guide on How to Restore iOS 10.2 Without Losing Jailbreak
That’s it; you have successfully restored iOS 10.2 without losing jailbreak status. You won’t find any Cydia tweak on your device, and you need to reinstall all of them. In case if you are having issues with any step during the process of SemiRestore10 lite then do leave a comment below. Don’t forget to bookmark our site for latest Cydia Updates.