IPA is an extension for iOS apps like APK for Android applications. It is an archive package which stores the contents of the application which can be installed on an iOS device. You can’t install applications or IPA files on iPhone without Jailbreak as Apple won’t allow it. There are ways to install IPA files on iPhone without jailbreak while some are complex and some are easy.
We have tested many things and finally settled on a solution which will help you to install IPA files on iPhone without jailbreak. The developers of Cydia developed a tool named Cydia Impactor which contributes to sideload application on iOS devices. Previously Cydia Impactor was named as Cydia Eraser which is a Cydia tweak used to remove the jailbreak.
Later it was renamed and revamped into Cydia Impactor which is made available to all systems ranges from Mac, Linux & Windows. If you have a Mac, then you know that you can sideload applications using Xcode which is time-consuming. Cydia Impactor method is quite straight forward and acts as a Xcode alternative to helps users to sideload application onto iPhone, iPad and even iPod.
We have covered several articles before like Install Vidyo Screen Recorder without Jailbreak and Install iFile without Jailbreak. Cydia Impactor is a small tool which is easy to download and install. If you have been searching for a guide on How to install IPA files on iPhone without Jailbreak, then this guide is for you.
How to install IPA files on iPhone without Jailbreak
Cydia Impactor is a stand-alone application which can be installed on any laptop or computer. All you need is a working internet connection as you need to sign the applications to sideload them on your device.
As mentioned above Cydia Impactor is an alternative for Xcode but has few limitations. The IPA files which you are sideloading on your device will work for only 7 days and you need to keep on doing same to use the applications. You need to have latest version of iTunes installed for Cydia Impactor to work.
If your system meets the above criteria, then you can dive into our guide on How to install IPA files on iPhone without Jailbreak. If you face any issues then do lets us know via comments below.
Steps to install Cydia Impactor to Install IPA files without Jailbreak
- First, You need to download Cydia Impactor for your computer. You can find all the versions here.
- After downloading the Cydia Impactor file, You can launch the application. (If you are using a Mac version then you can directly install the application & If you have downloaded Windows or Linux version then you need to unzip the archive & Install the application.)
- You need to connect your device to the computer to use the application.
- I am using a Mac Version and You can use Spotlight to search the application after installation. It will look like below.
- Now you need to connect your device to your computer.
- After connecting your device you can basically drag and drop the IPA file onto the cydia imapctor. It will ask for your Apple ID and Password to sign the application.
- It will take a while for it to install IPA file onto your device. After the application is installed you can use it without any issues.
After installing the applications, You can directly access the application as it will give “Untrusted Developer” popup. To fix this you need to navigate to Settings >> General >> Profile & Device management. You will see your Apple ID. Click on it and trust it. Now you can use the application without any issues.
We have already mentioned above that you can’t use the installed application more than 7 days and you need to keep on repeating the whole process again every week. If you have queries regarding our article on How to install IPA files without Jailbreak then do let us know below.