Wherever we go the first thing, we look out if for a WiFi connectivity whether it is a restaurant or your friends home. We keep on signing into Wifi networks now and then which make it complicated to remember each and every password of the networks. What if your friend asks the Wifi password? You can share it if you have access to the router but you can’t when you are in a public place.
It isn’t a quite easy job to find Wifi Passwords on iPhone when compared to Android devices. Rooting an Android device is quite easy when compared to iPhone jailbreak as it is quite easy to root an Android device and It is Open Source. If you are an iPhone user, then I bet that you may have searched for How to Find Wifi Passwords on iPhone without jailbreak.
When we looked up the term How to Find WiFi Passwords on iPhone, we found that many people are searching for the same which made us write this tutorial. There are Cydia Tweaks which will help you to find Wifi Passwords on iPhone, but some devices can’t be jailbroken. There is a workaround to Find Wifi Passwords on iPhone without jailbreak as well.
How to Find Wifi Passwords on iPhone
You can’t directly access the Wifi Passwords from the settings as they can’t be retrieved and you need to jailbreak your device to do it. There are Cydia Tweaks which will do the hard work for you, and you can simply copy & share the Wifi password with your friends. We will be showing you a way to retrieve Wifi Passwords on iPhone without jailbreak using KeyChain and using third party applications.
Cydia Tweaks View WiFi Passwords on Jailbroken devices
If you have a jailbroken device, then you can easily find passwords on iPhone without much hard work. Cydia developers developed a few Cydia tweaks which will list out the passwords of all the connected networks. There are currently two Cydia tweaks which do the job. They are
- WiFi Passwords List
- WiFi Passwords &
As of now, only some devices can be jailbroken, and if you are using a non-jailbroken device, then you can skip this part. We are listing Cydia tweaks to make sure that if you have any issues with any tweak, then you can try the other one.
WiFi Password List, WiFi Passwords & NetworkList Cydia Tweaks to see WiFi Passwords on iPhone
Both the tweaks offers same functionalities and are from different developers. They are available for free in Cydia, and one can install them easily. After installing the tweaks, you can view WiFi Passwords stored on your device. So let’s see how you can install WiFi Password List, WiFi Passwords & NetworkList Cydia Tweaks.
- Unlock your device and Launch Cydia application.
- Now search for either “Wifi Password List” or “WiFi Passwords” or “NetworkList.“
- Install any one of the above tweaks.
- Respring your device after installing the tweak.
That’s it you have successfully installed Cydia tweaks to view WiFi Passwords on iPhone. If you are searching for a non-jailbroken way to find the Wifi Passwords on iPhone, then you can follow below steps.
Check out:- Install Vidyo Screen Recorder without Jailbreak
How to View Saved Wifi Passwords on iPhone using Keychain
If you are using Mac, then you might find an application called “Keychain Access” which stores passwords in a secure manner. You need to enable “Keychain” on your device to sync all the passwords to icloud to access them from a Mac.If you don’t know how to turn on Keychain on iPhone, don’t worry we will help you out. You need to sign into icloud on your device. After syncing the passwords, you can able to view them on your Mac without any worries.
- Unlock your device and navigate to Settings >> iCloud and Login if you didn’t login previously.
- Scroll down a bit, and you can find “Keychain,” Turn on the feature.
- Now on your Mac navigate to Apple >> System Preferences >> iCloud. Click the checkmark before Keychain which will sync your passwords between iPhone and Mac.
- You can search for “Keychain Access” using Spotlight, the shortcut for Spotlight is Command + Spacebar.
- Once the application is open, You can select iCloud from a list located to the left.
- Look for Wifi network for which you need a password from the list of networks displayed.
- Select attributes and tick the “Show Password” and you will be prompted for a password.
- After entering the password, you can view the saved wifi password on iPhone.
If you are not a tech savvy person, then there are applications like 1Password and other password management tools. They keep all types of passwords and can be viewed easily without any fuss. Password managers help to save all types of passwords do give it a try.
Hope you like our article on How to Find WiFi Passwords on iPhone and it helped you to retrieve passwords on your iPhone. If you know any other Cydia tweaks or methods then do let us know via comments.